​Comments, complaints and compliments

Your feedback helps us to improve our services.


If you would like to send us your comments on any aspect of council services please contact us


Please remember that it costs less to contact us online.


Make a complaint


If something does go wrong we need to be able to put it right quickly, and if possible, take action to ensure it doesn't happen again.

To make a complaint, you can:


Download a complaint form (20kb PDF)​​​​​​​​​​​​Link opens in a new window or pick one up from a council office or library. Once you’ve completed the form, please post it to:

Complaints and Compliments
County Hall
Atlantic Wharf
CF10 4UW


Contact your local CouncillorExternal link opens in a new window


How we will deal with your complaint

If we receive a complaint from you, we will do all that we can to help you, and will try to find a solution to any problems that you have brought to our attention.
We will respect your right to confidentiality and privacy, and will treat you fairly and in accordance with our commitment to equality.
If you are asking us for a service for the first time -such as reporting a faulty street light or a pothole - please give us the opportunity to put things right.  If you are not happy with our response to your request and you let us know, we will then treat it as a complaint.
We will ensure that your complaint is sent to the relevant department(s) for a response, and will ask them to:
  • acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days of the date that they receive it,
  • aim to resolve your complaint within 20 working days,  
  • let you know within the 20 working day period if they think that it may take longer to investigate your complaint. 
They will tell you how long they expect it to take and will provide regular updates.

Public Services Ombudsman for Wales

You may contact the Ombudsman at any time, however the Ombudsman recommends that you give the Council an opportunity to deal with your complaint first.
The Public Services Ombudsman (Wales)
1 Ffordd yr Hen Gae,
CF35 5LJ
Tel: 0300 790 0203 (calls to this number are charged at local call rate)
Fax: 01656 641199

Online forms