Sign In

My Neighbourhood

Use your postcode to find local councillors, facilities, school catchment areas and more.

Find facilities in my area

Cardiff Council

What to do if you have received a Notice of Enforcement

​​​​​​​​​​​​​If you ignore the Penalty Charge Notice​ (PCN) then the penalty will increase, and we will apply to have the outstanding amount registered with the Traffic Enforcement Centre as a debt. A warrant will be issued and legal costs will be added. A warrant allows us to issue a Notice of Enforcement and take recovery action.

To stop us from taking recovery action and adding further costs, you will need to pay the PCN in full, including any costs that have already been added. If you are not able to pay the full outstanding charge, you can arrange payment with us. 

To contact us, you can:

You can avoid recovery action by getting in touch with us as soon as possible.​

If you do not make a full paym​ent or arrange repayments with us, we will take recovery action and further costs will be added. ​

Enforcement fees
Reason for fees being added
You will be charged this fee if you fail to make payment.
The fee is necessary for your debt to be passed to Enforcement Agents.
​You will be charged if an Enforcement Agents has to visit you at your property.
If the debt is more than £1,500.00 you will be charged a further 7.5%.
​You will be charged this fee if an Enforcement Agents has to remove goods from your property and sell them at auction.
If the debt is more than £1,500.00 you will be charged a further 7.5%.

If your debt is being handled by one of our associated agencies, you will need to contact them to discuss repayment.

Bristow and Sutor Enforcement Agency 

Bartleet Road, Washford, Redditch, Worcs, B98 0FL

Tel: 0330 390 2010

Excel Civil Enforcement Agency 

Marine House, 2 Marine Road, Colwyn Bay, Conwy, L29 8PH 

Tel: 0330 363 9988

Marston Holdings  ​​

Marston, PO BOX 12019, Epping, CM16 9EB

Tel: 0333 320 1822
If your debt is being handled by a Cardiff Council Enforcement Agent, please contact us. 

The agent’s contact details will be on the Notice of Attendance left at your property.

How to appeal a warrant 

Once you have received a Notice of Enforcement, you have lost the right to appeal the original offence and will only be appealing against the warrant.

At this stage there are four possible reasons to appeal:

  • I did not receive the Notice to Owner or Penalty Charge Notice 
  • I appealed against the local authority’s decision to reject my representation, within 28 days of service of the rejection notice, but have had no response to my appeal.
  • I made representations about the penalty charge to the enforcing authority concerned within 28 days of the service of the Notice to Owner, but did not receive a rejection notice 
  • The penalty charge has been paid in full.

You can get the appeal forms by contacting the Traffic Enforcement Centre.

Tel: 0300 123 1059
Tel: 0160 461 9450

5th Floor
St Katharine's House
21-27 St Katharine's Street

Alternatively, visit GOV.UK to download the relevant forms. You will need to complete the TE7​ and TE9​ forms and use the PCN notice number beginning with QC. ​

You must send the forms to the Traffic Enforcement Centre to be processed.​
© 2022 Cardiff Council