Sign In

My Neighbourhood

Use your postcode to find local councillors, facilities, school catchment areas and more.

Find facilities in my area

Cardiff Council

Household and energy bills

​​Find help and support if you are struggling due to the rising cost of living.​

Energy trusts

If you need help, there are different schemes and grants available to help you with your energy bills. Your energy supplier may have an energy trust. 

An energy trust can help you with:
  • gas, energy and other household debts, including council tax and rent arrears, 
  • basic household items, including washing machines and cookers, and
  • other financial assistance, including bankruptcy, deposits, and funeral expenses. 

Visit your energy supplier’s website to find out if they have a trust and apply. 

If your supplier does not have a trust, you can apply to British Gas Energy Trust

For more information, you can contact:

Fuel vouchers 

If you are struggling to put credit on your pre-payment energy meter, you may be eligible for fuel vouchers. 

Please call the Money Advice team on 029 2087 1071 or visit your local hub for more information.

Discretionary Assistance Fund (DAF)

The DAF provides 2 types of grant: 

  • Emergency Assistance Payment, and
  • Individual Assistance Payment.

Find out more and apply for the Discretionary Assistance Fund

Welsh Water

If you are struggling to pay your water bills, Welsh Water may be able to help you.

Broadband and phone packages 

If you are claiming certain benefits, you may be eligible for social tariffs.
Find out if the social tariff​ could help you.
© 2022 Cardiff Council