Sign In

My Neighbourhood

Use your postcode to find local councillors, facilities, school catchment areas and more.

Find facilities in my area

Cardiff Council

Sensory service

​​The Sensory service supports people with a sight or hearing loss.

After an assessment we can provide specialist services to eligible people to best meet their needs.

Services for people with a sight or hearing impairment

We offer support, information and advice to adults with significant sight or hearing loss.

After been certified by a consultant, we can register people as sight or hearing impaired, either partially or severely.

Following a specialist assessment of your needs, we could provide:
  • Training and equipment to promote your safety and independence
  • Referral to other agencies or professionals for information, advice and service
  • Care support within your own home and to help you use community facilities
  • Support and advice to young people aged 18-25 while they move from school to further education and work.

We only provide equipment to people with a working hearing aid after being assessed by an audiologist, except in special circumstances.

Services for Deaf sign language users

After an assessment of your needs carried out by professionals with sign language skills, we can provide:  
  • information and advice in British Sign Language (BSL)
  • support and advice to young people aged 18 – 25 while they move from school to further education and work
  • registering people with the local authority
  • liaising with other agencies including promoting equal access to services for Deaf people
  • specialist equipment to promote independence
  • care services – home carers and specialist support workers with BSL skills who have had Deaf awareness/equality training

How to request our services?

If you know someone who might require our help and support, please contact us on 029 2087 2087.
© 2022 Cardiff Council