Sign In

My Neighbourhood

Use your postcode to find local councillors, facilities, school catchment areas and more.

Find facilities in my area

Cardiff Council

Learning disability

If you have a learning disability you may find it difficult to:

  • understand new or complicated information,
  • learn new skills, or
  • ​cope on your own.

What to do if you feel you need help?

If you have (or someone you know has) a learning difficulty and think you may need help we can arrange for a social worker to carry out an assessment to see if there is something we can do.


To get help you must be 18 years old or older.


Request an assessment Once you request an assessment a social worker will contact you to find out some information about you and then work out what services we might be able to offer you.

What happens next?

If we are able to offer you a service we will talk to you and your carers about your needs and try to find the help you need or give you the money (direct payments) to buy the support you need.


If we are unable to offer you a service we will try to help you find other people who may be able to help you, like health services and organisations.


Useful documents:

Easy to read leaflet on learning disability services (740kb PDF)​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Link opens in a new window​​


For more information please contact us.


Request an assessment 


Contact us

029 2053 6111

© 2022 Cardiff Council