Sign In

My Neighbourhood

Use your postcode to find local councillors, facilities, school catchment areas and more.

Find facilities in my area

Cardiff Council

Guidance for parents and carers

​​​​​​What is a statement of Special Educational Needs?​

If after an assessment a child is identified as requiring additional learning needs a confirmation statement will be sent to you.

Does my child need a statutory assessment?

Parent, carers and your child's school can ask for a Statutory Assessment if the think they need one.

School Support for Special Educational Needs

What extra support is available to your child in School.

What is a Note in Lieu?

A note in Lieu can be issued instead of a statutory assessment.

What is an Annual Review?

Annual reviews take place to review your child needs and progress.

What if I do not agree with a Council decision about my child?

What you can do if you are not happy with the provision made for your child​.