Sign In

My Neighbourhood

Use your postcode to find local councillors, facilities, school catchment areas and more.

Find facilities in my area

Cardiff Council

Property alarms key holder register

​​If you have a property alarm you should consider registering a key holder. This needs to be someone who can enter your property to turn off your alarm if it sounds while you are away.


We will keep these details confidential and will only contact your keyholder if a complaint has been made about an alarm sounding at your property.


If a complaint is made and you have not registered a keyholder (or we cannot contact your keyholder) we may need to access your property to stop the alarm. This could mean we call out an alarm engineer and possibly a locksmith. We will need to reclaim any costs from you. 


Register a keyholder for your property.

Contact us