Navigate Up
Sign In

My Neighbourhood

Use your postcode to find local councillors, facilities, school catchment areas and more.

Find facilities in my area

Apply for a new permit

If you are a student or do not have a council tax account number you will need to apply by post​​​.​


This is the quickest way to apply but please remember that your new permits will be sent out to you by post so will take a few days to arrive.  While waiting for your permits you must ensure that your vehicle is parked legally.

To apply online you will need:

  • The vehicle registration number (resident permits only)
  • A valid credit or debit card
  • Your Council Tax account number as proof of residence. You may be required to provide additional proof of residence if requested.

You must read the terms and conditions​ before applying. 

By Post

You can also apply for a new parking permit, or renew an existing one by post. All applications and renewals made by post must be sent to: 

Cardiff Council Parking Services
P.O. Box 47
CF11 1QB

To apply by post you will need to provide:

1. Proof of address

This could be:

  • Official Rent Book / Tenancy Agreement (this must signed and dated by the landlord or agency and tenants. It must also include the name of the applicant and cover the period for which the permit is required).
  • Bank or Building Society statement (dated within 3 months of application). 
  • Current Council Tax or Utility Bill which covers the 3 month period prior to application - Gas, Electric, Water or Land-Line Telephone, 
  • Solicitor's letter confirming completion of purchase of property (dated within 3 months of application). 

Please note: Deposit Protection Scheme Deposit Agreements, Mobile phone bills, driving licences or vehicle documents are not accepted as proof of address.

2. Clear notification of your vehicle registration

You must ensure that you write the vehicle registration numbers clearly on any correspondence sent by post. 

3. Payment

For postal applications payment can be made using a cheque or postal order made payable to ‘Cardiff County Council’.