Roath Park, opened in 1894, is Cardiff's most popular public park and still retains its classic Victorian atmosphere and layout.
- Roath Park Lake: The 30 acre man-made lake is a popular facility for fishing and boating. The Scott Memorial Lighthouse on the lake is one of Cardiff's iconic images
- Wild Garden: North of the lake, its winding paths and wildflowers are shaded by trees
- Llandennis Oval: North of the Wild garden, this is a site steeped in history. Its ancient pond is said to be the site of St Isan's 12th century 'Llan' or enclosure
- Botanic Garden: South of the dam, the ‘botanics’ contains a superb tree and shrub collection, floral displays, adventure playground and Roath Park Conservatory
- Roath Pleasure Gardens: Lying south of Eastern Avenue, the Pleasure Gardens provides bowls, tennis and basketball facilities in a parkland setting
- Roath Recreation Ground: South east of the Pleasure Gardens, the home of Welsh baseball also provides football and rugby pitches, a children's playground and trim trail
- Roath Park Conservatory (Botanic Garden) open for self guided tours and school visits
- Public toilets and baby changing (Boatstage, Botanic Garden and Recreation Ground)
- Children’s playgrounds (Botanic Garden and Recreation Ground)
- Roath Park cafeteria (Botanic Garden)
- Ice cream kiosk (Botanic Garden)
- Boat hire from the boatstage at Roath Park Lake
- Sports fields and changing rooms
- Bowling and tennis at Roath Pleasure Gardens
The park and pleasure gardens are open from 7.30am - 30 mins before sunset.
The recreation ground is open 24 hours a day.
How to find us
Roath Park lake
51.509604 / -3.174913
Roath Park conservatory / Botanic Garden
51.50511 / -3.17522
Roath Pleasure Ground
51.500875 / -3.172738
51.514857 / -3.175843
51.518255 / -3.177266
Roath Recreation Ground
51.498489 / -3.167042
Public transport: See Cardiff busExternal link opens in a new window for local routes or visit TravelineCymruExternal link opens in a new window to plan your journey online
Parking: On-street parking is available in the surrounding area.