Sign In

My Neighbourhood

Use your postcode to find local councillors, facilities, school catchment areas and more.

Find facilities in my area

Cardiff Council

Adapting your home

​​​​Occupational Therapy

Occupational Therapy

If you, or a member of your family, are having difficulty getting around your home, you can request an assessment by an Occupational Therapist.

The difficulty could be due to a physical disability​, sensory impairment or old age. The therapist will assess if equipment and adaptations could make it easier for you to live independently.

Disabled Facilities Grant

You may be eligible for a disabled facilities grant if you have a physical disability. This grant will help towards the cost of adapting your home so that you are as independent as possible.

Help Moving Your Bins

If you find it hard to put your bins out for collection, you can apply to use our Assisted Waste Scheme.  

Refuse collectors will know they have permission to move your bins from your home if they are not on the kerbside.  Please contact us for more information about this scheme.

Independent Living Equipment 

We can provide help and advice on identifying equipment and minor adaptations that can help you live more independently.  

Care and Repair

Care and Repair​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​External link opens in a new window are a national charity which helps older homeowners and private tenants to repair, adapt and maintain their homes.  We can refer you to them and they will visit you at home to discuss what repairs or adaptations you need, the possible solutions, the likely costs and sources of funding.

If you would like to find out more, please contact Independent Living Services.

029 20 234 234

Monday – Thursday: 8.30am to 5pm
Friday: 8.30am to 4.30pm

You can also make a referral for an assessment of your needs or someone else's needs.