Navigate Up
Sign In

My Neighbourhood

Use your postcode to find local councillors, facilities, school catchment areas and more.

Find facilities in my area
new cardiff > ENG > Resident > Benefits and Grants > Universal Credit

Universal Credit

What is Universal Credit?

Universal Credit is a single payment for people who are looking for work or on a low income.

Universal Credit claim checklist

Find out what you need to apply for Universal Credit online.

Into Work Service

The Into Work Advice Team can help you to claim Universal Credit, use a computer or apply for jobs.

Help with Banking and Budgeting

Are you struggling to manage your Universal Credit payment each month? The Money Advice Team can help you.

Advance payments

If you are struggling financially until you get your first Universal Credit payment, a short term advance can help you.

Your claimant commitment

If you do not keep to your claimant commitment, your Universal Credit payments will be temporarily reduced. What to do if your payments are sanctioned.

Discretionary Housing Payments

If you need extra help to cover your housing costs, you may be able to claim Discretionary Housing Payments.