Navigate Up
Sign In

My Neighbourhood

Use your postcode to find local councillors, facilities, school catchment areas and more.

Find facilities in my area
new cardiff > ENG > Resident > Benefits and Grants > Council Tax Reduction > Have your circumstances changed

Have your circumstances changed?

Changes to your personal circumstances could affect the amount of Council Tax Reduction you receive.


Please make sure you tell us about any significant changes to your circumstances so that we can amend our records and make any necessary changes to your reduction.


If you or your partner have started work, changed job or had a pay increase, you can download a Certificate of Earned Income (PDF 69.1 KB)Link opens in a new window for your employer to complete.


You need to tell us if:


  • you change address
  • you or your partner starts work, changes job or has a pay increase
  • there is any change to any income that you or your partner receive
  • any welfare benefits change such as tax credits
  • your Job Seekers Allowance or Income Support stops
  • one of your children leaves school or you have had a baby
  • anyone moves in or out of the property, even on a temporary basis
  • you have a new partner or become married or separated
  • there is a change in your savings (only if they are above £6000 in total)
  • you start or stop paying childcare costs or if the amount changes
  • anyone in your home has a change of circumstances
  • you are required to register your employment with the home office (remember to tell them if you change your job and tell us too).


Please note these are examples and you should tell us immediately about any change that might affect your benefit. 


If you are not sure, please contact us.


Or call us on 029 2087 2087