Sign In

My Neighbourhood

Use your postcode to find local councillors, facilities, school catchment areas and more.

Find facilities in my area

Cardiff Council

Make a complaint about a Councillor

​​​Cardiff Councillors are subject to a Members Code of Conduct.   

If you think a Councillor may have breached this Code, you can submit a complaint to the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales. 

Public Services Ombudsman for Wales  
1 Ffordd yr Hen Gae  
CF35 5LJ  

Tel: 0300 790 0203 

Make a complaint​.

The Ombudsman’s website explains the standards of behaviour expected by the Code and how the Ombudsman decides if they will investigate a complaint. ​The Ombudsman will normally only investigate when there is evidence that a serious breach may have been committed.​

Local Resolution Protocol

The Council has also adopted a Local Resolution Protocol, in line with the recommendations of the Ombudsman, to deal with relatively ‘low level’ complaints made by another Member or Officer of Cardiff Council. 

Typically, these complaints will be about alleged failures to show respect and consideration for others as required by paragraph 4(b) of the Members’ Code of Conduct.  

Low level complaints made by members of the public about an alleged breach of the Code of Conduct by a councillor may also be dealt with under the Local Resolution Protocol if the Monitoring Officer agrees this is appropriate. 

If you are unsure whether a matter you wish to complain about is ‘low level’ or within the remit of the Local Resolution Protocol, you may wish to contact the Monitoring Officer (who may consult with the Ombudsman’s office). 

The Monitoring Officer can be contacted by email:​

© 2022 Cardiff Council