Sign In

My Neighbourhood

Use your postcode to find local councillors, facilities, school catchment areas and more.

Find facilities in my area

Cardiff Council

Local Land Charges

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Local Authority Official Searches

Due to the current outbreak of COVID-19 we will be making some changes to the way we run our service.​​​​​

We are unable to accept postal searches or cheques. Please email your search requests to​​​​​​​​​​​​​External link opens in a new window ​together with a plan. Can you please make payment by BACS. All searches will be returned by email.


Account Name: Cardiff Council

Bank: NatWest Bank, 96 Queen Street, Cardiff, CF10 2GR

Sort Code: 52 21 06

Account No: 20408838

Please quote Ref: 72370 BL101 for all payments

Please email​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​External link opens in a new window when payment has been made letting us have the address of the property so we can keep our records up to date and return the search to you​.

If you need to contact us, please email us using​ the above email address.

Personal Search Agents

The County Hall now closed to members of the public.

Can you follow the usual procedure of sending lists into us by email. We will prepare the search results and will send them to you via email.    

Searches can be undertaken on our website using our online mapping system.

Local Land Charges

​A Local Land Charge is a restriction or prohibition that is binding on successive owners of a property.

The council’s Local Land Charge section carries out all official searches of the Local Land Charges Register for land and property in Cardiff.​

We maintain the Land Charges Register and holds the register of Common Land and Village Greens.

Personal Searches 

A list of all properties you wish to perform searches on must be sent to us via email or fax, along with plans for each property (with the property clearly hatched).  

  • ​The list must be sent to us the day before you wish to come in, no later than 12:00pm. 
  • Any search sent in to us later than 12:00pm cannot be put on for the following day. 
  • Searches must not be sent in any more than a day in advance. 
  • We do not operate an appointment system. Providing your search is sent in before 12:00pm you can come in any time the following day during our open hours. 
  • We only accept one list per company per day which must contain no more than 10 properties. 
  • To ensure that we have received your list, you can ring our office on: 029 2087 2510. Mobile Phone: 07583123614/07583123622

Plots that have been street referenced must come to us with a full address not a plot number and development name.

Search Fees​

Search Fees from 1st April 2021
Fee Excluding VAT​
​VAT​​Fee Including VAT​
​Form LLC1£6​​No VAT​£6
​Form CON29​£99.16
​Form CON29(O) 
Qs 4-22
Additional properties or land​
​Personal searches
No fee
​​No fee​No fee

Please include a copy of an OS plan or Title plan with the area you wish to be searched edged in red.

All fees are payable in advance. Please make cheques payable to ‘Cardiff County Council’.
We do not accept credit cards but if you wish to pay by debit card please contact:

Local Land Charges Legal Services
Room 410
County Hall
CF10 4UW

Tel 029 2087 2510

We aim to reply to a search within 5 working days.


For information about drainage you need to contact:

Dwr Cymru/Welsh Water 
CF46 6L

0800 052 0145​

Roads that abut your property

Our search reply will only refer to the road named in the property address given in Box 'B' of the CON29. If you wish to have information on any other roads that abut your property you will need to name them in Box 'C' and clearly mark them on your search plan.

Ownership of land

To find out about ownership of land you will need to make an application to:

HM Land Registry (Swansea)
GL14 9BD​

0844 892 1111

Common Land and Village Green Register

The Common Land and Village Green Register is held by the Local Land Charges and is available for free inspection via appointment or by going to the online mapping portal​.​​​​​​​